[Back to Join page]    Lewisham Local History Society Membership Application / Renewal Form (2024)
  Please print this form (A4 paper, portrait mode, normally one page, Ctrl-P to start printing).
Then fill in all the details, and post it to: The Membership Secretary
Postcode     Phone   
I enclose a cheque / postal order made payable to the Lewisham Local History Society in the minimum amount of £10 Standard, £15 Family or £15 Institution, plus an extra donation of £____

A NEW (paperless) way to Renew (if you wish), via Internet Banking Payments:
From your Online Banking account, send the full amount to: Account No. 88081906, Sortcode 09-01-55
Please also send an email to The Membership Secretary to confirm your payment (clicking here may help to quickly create the email). Any changes (address, phone number etc.) can be included in this email. If you send more than the subscription amount, we will treat the excess as a donation.

If you wish to Gift Aid your subscriptions and donations please complete the Gift Aid Declaration in Section A below, even if you have previously completed a declaration. If not (for example because you are not paying enough tax) please complete Section B. After completion please return the form to the Membership Secretary at your earliest convenience. Please ensure that you have filled in your name, address and other details in the boxes at the top of this Renewal Form.

Section A – "YES" to Gift Aid
Lewisham Local History Society (LLHS) is a charity which is able to claim Gift Aid on donations received, at the rate of 25p for each £1 donated, provided they are supported by a valid declaration. In this context donations include membership subscriptions. Your address (including postcode) is needed for identification purposes.

I want to Gift Aid my current subscription/donation to LLHS and any subscriptions/donations I make in future or have made to LLHS in the past four years. I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference. I would like the Lewisham Local History Society to reclaim tax on all donations I have made since 6 April 2000 and on all further donations I may make until I notify you otherwise.

Signed    Date   

Section B – "NO" to Gift Aid

Signed    Date   

Please notify the Membership Secretary if you wish to cancel this declaration, if you change your name or address or if you cease to pay sufficient Income or Capital Gains tax. If you pay tax at the higher rate and wish to claim any additional relief due, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment Tax Return or ask HMRC to adjust your tax code.